Sunday, April 13, 2008

Halt!


I know I haven't written much lately, but there's a good reason: the Department of Boobs, er, Buildings, has decided to randomly audit our renovation and thus has forced a temporary cessation of work. WTF????

They want us to re-submit the application with our contractor's Home Improvement Contractor License as well as a sketch of the apartment showing where our smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are placed. Are you kidding me? They are at least 10 feet from the work area and are not being affected. And didn't we send them the HIC license when we applied for all the permits???? What happened to that little treasure? Lost in the maze of bureaucratic tangles that is the DoB?

Grrr...

Actually, this is the perfect time, as we're still waiting for the counter, the backsplash and the lighting to be delivered, most of which are still several days away. Assuming we can get this cleared up in a few days, there really won't be any effects. Of course, we all know what happens when you assume...

Luckily I've been drinking well, and I'll write soon enough about a lovely Burgundy dinner I attended a few days ago. Stay tuned...
Cheers!

No comments: