Thursday, April 03, 2008

Birth Pangs of a Kitchen


Wednesday, the oven and some of the base cabinets were put in place, though not really installed. That panel in the picture above goes alongside the fridge, to make it look like it's a built-in. Things are advancing...


I have to say, I didn't realize how much I'd miss cooking. And paying for coffee, even at the small independent roasters (you couldn't pay me to step foot in a Charbucks), is killing me. $2.00 for an espresso, $3.25 for a latte???? I used to make those at home! Worse, I hate ordering in or going out every night, as someone who loves the kitchen it's almost like torture. All my wine glasses are covered in a layer of dust, and it's a pain in the neck not only cleaning them but reaching them. Yes, I am lazy...

Oh, man, apparently only about a week and a half left... I can't wait!
Cheers!

No comments: