Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Learn About Wine- Riesling Rules Book (free!)


It's been a crazy couple of weeks, but I wanted to take this opportunity to mention that the Pacific Rim winery in CA has just put out a free book called "Riesling Rules". Now, if you've met me or read this blog or just been even remotely close to me, you know my first love and passion is and will always be Burgundy (ergo Pinot Noir and Chardonnay) and Champagne. However, I do enjoy wines from other regions and grapes, such as Riesling. This variety is originally from Germany and the Alsace region of France, but also finds a home in Italy, CA, OR, WA, New Zealand and Australia, to name a few. Did I mention you can also get some pretty good Riesling in the backyard of our very own state of New York?

In any case, this book is an exploration and an explanation of all things Riesling, with very little PR for Pacific Rim. I ordered a copy as the blurbs I saw online looked quite promising and so far so good. Now, I usually get a little wary of wineries and their marketing machines, but in this case it seems like they are looking to educate the consumer about the wonders of this grape as opposed to only about their wines.

In other words, this is a wonderful educational tool more than a marketing move. Riesling is such a versatile wine that I really encourage folks to order it, plus, let's face it, it's free. And that's always a good thing.

You can order it online here: http://rieslingrules.com/the_book/
Cheers!

No comments: