Sunday, September 28, 2008

93 Points!


Whoa! I just found out from the Wine Library that the irrepressible Gary Vaynerchuck, he of the Wine Library TV fame, just rated my Viognier, from Montfaucon, 93 points. Wow, that's pretty cool.

What does this mean? Well, I don't really know his palate that well, and as wine is all about a subjective experience, it means he liked it. Not a little, but quite a lot, actually. So I guess that's a good thing. But wait, I hope that's 93 out of 100. Imagine if it's 93 out of 200, or worse, 93/1000????? Nah, I'm pretty sure it's out of 100 points, that's pretty standard thanks to Mr. Robert Parker.

On a dark and dreary day, after a dark and dreary week, hearing that news makes me smile. While it's nice to know that the wines I represent bring happiness to consumers, it's always a pleasure to have a peer in the business review them as well. Of course, I like them, but I am biased and think they're the next best thing to multiple orgasms.

But then if I didn't think that I couldn't represent them, now could I?
Cheers!

No comments: